Categories

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Efficient Mornings


I strongly believe in routine and building efficiency in the classroom. With 21 students there has to be a form of routine as they enter the room or nothing would ever get accomplished. I love the morning routine my mentor teacher has established and I am continuing in her classroom. Students come in, hang their jackets on their hooks and place book bags in the laundry baskets (let's be real... those hooks are not enough space for backpacks and jackets so I love the laundry basket idea!). Next, they place their snack and homework folders in the labeled baskets. After this, they use the restroom or make a lunch choice (either can be first). They each have a clothes pin with their name to clip their lunch choice. She printed pictures of all the lunches so they can see and read the choices. After all of these tasks are complete students get busy on morning work/ unfinished work/ work that needs to be corrected from the day before. They are very efficient and I love having the routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment