Categories

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First Grade Persuasive Writing

After a couple weeks of work on persuasive writing, the final products were finally ready for display! I made the little man and his bubble says come read our persuasive writing pieces! My student's persuasive writing was wonderful and they came up with the most creative reasons and examples. I taught them the persuasive O.R.E.O (opinion, reason, example, opinion again) and they followed the structure to create a persuasive letter. We also learned the parts of a letter. They filled out a brain storm template that said, "I will write a letter to _______." "I want to persuade this person to _____________."  Next, they received differentiated four squares as organizers. Some four squares had sentence starters and some did not. Some required six reasons while others only required three. It was a lot of work and my students had to do this writing step by step but they were really able to see the writing process unfold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment