Categories

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Math Strategies

 Throughout my student teaching I quickly picked up on the fact that not all students learn the same way. I had read about students all learning differently and I had experienced learning differently than other classmates but I had never actually taught diverse students. Now that I have had the chance to teach a diverse group of learners I can understand the true importance of teaching from several different approaches. I realized that some students can learn multiple strategies and apply the one that works best for a given problem. I also learned that some students are dependent on a single strategy and cannot grasp the idea of other strategies. These posters were made by my mentor teacher's past interns and I was happy to have them in the classroom so I could use them as a resource. It is truly important to make sure every student is learning, even if it means teaching one lesson five different ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment